If you’ve read the first part of the blog post and survived 😉 then here’s the list of compounds I promised you guys. Lets get straight to it! Do note that I am in no way affiliated to any of them and this is not a paid or sponsored post, this is only my personal opinion and curated by my experiences and other spouses. The list is also not in order of personal favorites but perhaps in alphabetical order as much as possible!
- Al Ansari Compounds – Al Khobar— They offer 2 compounds with different unit models and of course on their site they offer the usual line-up of activities etc. However best if one goes down to the compound and sees the facilities for oneself , as most of these. Word on the street is that it is a conservative compound. There are apartment and villa units offered.
- Oasis Residential Resorts – The compound recently went through a management change and is said to have revamped its maintenance and facilities and its service offerings. The houses are said to be large and comfortable and quite a few families have moved in here. Compared to Oasis Garden resorts which is an offering from the same management the latter has wider roads and more green areas and of course it is a matter of personal preference at the end to choose either one of the compounds mentioned. This compound offers both apartment units and villa units.
- Al Mutlaq Garden Compound- An old American type compound known for its large wide roads and green spaces, large houses. The compound recently revamped its club (recreation center), gym and pool facilities with its restaurant offerings and services. It offers both apartments and villa units along with a mini market and in compound nursery for little people starting from creche till 5 years of age and many more activities for everyone.
- Canary Vista Compound – Located in Aziziyah district of Al Khobar this compound offers state of the art facilities, modern living amenities and clustered villa unit living. It is said to be close to the location of the proposed new schools under ISG group Dhahran.
- Canary Village Compound – Located in the Qurtobah district of Al Khobar, Canary is one of the older more established compounds in terms of maintenance, housing etc. Its service offering is well defined and streamlined. In this compound there are only villa units however and occupancy is mostly at an all time high with it being located close to all schools, malls and prime hospitals. It has a gym, activity room, party hall, sauna, and pool facilities that are well maintained. Also regular activities scheduled for the children and adults. There are 2 nurseries for the little people here that mostly cater only to children of residents unlike other compounds.
- Pearl Compound – This compound is up the road from Canary and literally a stone’s throw away. The name says compound however this pearl compound offers only apartment residential units and its service offerings like the others is well defined. There used to be salons in both Canary Village and Pearl but have been closed in the short term due to a lack of staffing and turnaround of clientele. It has again facilities like the above including a laundry and mini market and bus facilities like the other compounds.
- Karawan Compound – One of the older compounds in Khobar comprising of nearly 70 villa units only. All facilities offered like the rest with green spaces.
- Reemah Compound – One of the newer compounds built in recent years say the last decade. The compound has good facilities but offers only villa units and not many green spaces or big spaces to play for little children. The Bamboo nursery for children is located within this compound.
- Dhahran Towers – Not so much a compound but an apartment complex of apartment units offered with all the boutique facilities of a compound villa offering.
- The Al-Nada and Al-Danah compounds – Again these 2 are across the road from each other run by the same management and are well maintained and slightly older compounds.
- Palm Springs Compound – One of the newer compound offerings, it is on similar lines such as Reemah Residences above with well planned modern villa units and modern amenities. Definite lack of green spaces noted. There used to be some concerns with the safety and maintenance issues if one believed the talk between spouses but I believe the management has rectified the situation.
- Black Pearl Compound – A new compound located close to the Bahrain causeway and 15 min away from downtown Khobar, Black Pearl offers villa units of 2 models and apartment units for one. All amenities provided.
- Al Rashid Residence Towers – A new apartment complex building offering apartment units with all compound facilities.
- Retal Residences – A compound close to the Port Road of Khobar and Rakah area of Khobar, Retal has proximity to hospitals, schools and all major shopping areas. All modern facilities offered with a choice of apartment units, and 2-3 types of villa units.
- Mohammadia Compound – Again a new compound located close to BISAK school and Retal above, it offers both apartment units and villa units for rent with all facilities.
- Zamil Village – A most renowned compound for its activities and yearly bazars, it is one of the older well maintained compounds offering all facilities and mostly villa units on offer.
- Al-Rushaid Village – A compound that offers both apartment and villa units I hear and again is one of the more established compounds due to its good maintenance, security and activities and yearly bazars.
- Arabian Village – A great compound like the rest offering villa units for rent.
- Wadi Village – A modern compound with a boutique offering of villa units and apartments like the rest above.
- Nesma Village compound – Sharing a common wall with the French School Al Khobar, Nesma is one of the more elegant modern compounds offering all services and connectivity to its user through villa units.
- Riviera Waterfront Compound– A new compound located close to the Bahrain causeway and 15 min away from downtown Khobar, Black Pearl offers villa units of 2 models and 3 models of apartment units. All amenities provided.
- Rima Residence— It is a new serviced apartment compound with good maintenance and security.
- Retal Square —It is a new serviced apartment compound with good maintenance and security.
- Ronda Residences — A new offering attached to the BISAK school located in Dammam and Khobar; Ronda is their offering to their teaching staff and outsiders for apartments and villa units with all amenities and facilities provided.
Thank you all so much for reading through this list! Although by no means exhaustive, its’ a start for me in the right direction in collating all that info. Hopefully y’all will be open to sharing reviews with me on the same so I may do a grading as well. Completely unaffiliated of course! Edited to add a few more accomodations in 2023 that have found its way into the list
You will notice I refrained from writing down Aramco camp and KFUPM housing as those who are employed by the same usually stay or are asked to stay or prefer to stay on campus. The few who don’t, that I know like the rest love the compound residences above!
Keep pouring in that love! and I’ll keep adding to the list.